screenplaysInterested parties, please contact Peg Exile (full-length drama) Finalist, WriteMovies; Quarterfinalist, Fade-In. LJ lives in a U . S. of A., with a new Three Strikes Law: first crime, rehab; second crime, prison; third crime, you’re simply kicked out – permanently exiled to a designated remote area, to fend for yourself without the benefits of society. At least he used to live in that new U. S. of A. He’s just committed his third crime. What Happened to Tom (full-length drama) Semifinalist, Moondance. This guy wakes up to find his body’s been hijacked and turned into a human kidney dialysis machine – for nine months. Aiding the Enemy (short drama 15min) When Private Ann Jones faces execution for “aiding the enemy,” she points to American weapons manufacturers who sell to whatever country is in the market. Bang Bang (short drama 30min) Finalist, Gimme Credit; Quarter-finalist, American Gem. When a young boy playing “Cops and Robbers” jumps out at a man passing by, the man shoots him, thinking the boy’s toy gun is real. Who’s to blame? Foreseeable (short drama 30min) An awful choice in a time of war. Whose choice was it really? Two Women, Road Trip, Extraterrestrial (full-length comedy) When an independent activist and her frustrated office temp buddy embark on a quest for a chocolate bar, they pick up a hitchhiking extraterrestrial who’s stopped on Earth to ask for directions. They help her get the information she needs – and discover it’s easier to get a gun in this country than a little scientific knowledge – and decide to go with her. To become chocolate bartenders. Boston Legal: Bang Bang (spec script) Semifinalist,Scriptapalooza. Balls (short mockumentary 10min) A hilarious mockumentary about men playing with balls Here Comes the Bride (5min) You’ll never get married again. Let Me Entertain You (5min) Is it a slippery slope from screen idol to snuff film? Take Care of Your Mom While I’m Gone (3-5min) She’s an adult. She needs a ten-year-old to take care of her? My Life in Danger (short drama 3-5min) When does attempted rape warrant self-defence of deadly force? Size Matters (3-5min) What if women were the taller sex? Ask any short man. I am Eve (10min) An examination exposing the irrationality and injustice of Eve’s role in Judaeo-Christianity. If Then (5-10 min) The end of our lives as we know them. Can’t say we didn’t see it coming. Crime of Passion (short drama 3-5min) The perfect solution to crimes of “passion” Night Moves (5 min) A one-night stand turns into something much, much more. Are We Having Fun Yet? (30 sec) Anti-violence-on-tv public television spot Willy the Wasteland (60 sec) Comment on dull youth via spoof of plea for aid commercial Home for the Holidays (5-10 min) A Christmas reality show What is Wrong with this Picture? (5-10 min) Nothing. There’s no reason women can’t be the superordinates and men the subordinates. But life’s not like that (yet). The Mr. America Beauty Pageant (5-10 min) A spoof of the Miss America Pageant Minding Our Own Business (20 min) A collection of skits (including “The Price is Not Quite Right,” “Singin’ in the (Acid) Rain,” “Adverse Reactions,” “The Band-Aid Solution,” and “See Jane. See Dick.”) with a not-so-subtle environmental message The Missing Link (short comedy 3-5min) Two women and an alien enter a bar… Rot in Hell (short drama 5-7min) A soapbox zealot and an atheist face off…
archive by category
- "The Inconsistency of Not Licensing Parents"
- "Assisted Suicide and Unassisted Suicide: What's the Difference?"
- "The Verbal and the Implicit: Forms of Violence?"
- "Legislating Prenatal Care"
- "We License Plumbers and Pilots - Why Not Parents?" At Issue: Is Parenthood a Right or a Privilege? ed. Stefan Kiesbye (Greenhaven, 2009); Current Controversies: Child Abuse, ed. Lucinda Almond (Thomson/Gale, 2006); Seattle Post-Intelligencer (October 2004)
- "A Humanist View of Animal Rights"New Humanist September 99; The New Zealand Rationalist and Humanist Winter 98; Humanist in Canada Winter 97
- "Permitting Abortion and Prohibiting Prenatal Harm: Reconciling the Contradiction" presented at the Bioethics and Medical Ethics Section at the Twentieth World Congress of Philosophy (August 1998)
- "Rational Bases of Identity: Toward Cultural Anarchy" Humanist in Canada Autumn 96
- "Identity Politics as a Transposition of Fraser's 'Needs Politics'"The International Journal of Applied Philosophy Summer/Fall 1996
- "Sexual Activity, Consent, Mistaken Belief, and Mens Rea" Philosophy in the Contemporary World 3.1 Spring 96
- "Suicide, Assisted Suicide, and Euthanasia: Issues of Consent" Humanist in Canada Spring 96
book reviewsThese reviews have been previously published in Canadian Woman Studies, Herizons, Humanist in Canada, The Humanist, and The Philosopher's Magazine - contact Peg for acknowledgement details.
- The Apartheid of Sex, Martine Rothblatt
- Breaking the Abortion Deadlock, Eileen L. McDonagh
- Compulsory Pregnancy, John M. Swomley
- Cracking the Gender Code, Melanie Stewart Millar
- Democracy's Oxygen, James Winter
- The Ethics of Genetic Control, Joseph Fletcher
- Euthanasia and Physician-Assisted Suicide, Dworkin, Frey, and Bok
- The Frailty Myth, Colette Dowling
- Galactic Rapture, Tom Flynn
- Is the Pope Catholic?, Joanna Manning
- Moral Panic, John Fekete
- Profiles of Female Genius, Gene N. Landrum
- Reincarnation, Paul Edwards
- Resources for Radicals, Brian Burch
- Small is Beautiful, E.F. Schumacher
- Who Stole Feminism, Christina Hoff Sommers